Sunday

Oat and Raisin Cookies, (Americana-Hummingbird stylee)

I am officially embarking on a long relationship with the Hummingbird cookbook.  Following the delectable black bottom cupcake success earlier this week I decided to whip up some cookies.  I have tried many a cookie recipe in my time, and have settled for quite a good one that requires rolling, and a fair whack of golden syrup.  I had given up on being able to a achieve a chewiness with just the butter, flour and egg combo of cookies.  I was convinced I had a tainted touch with cookies and golden syrup was the only substance to save me.  Turns out all I needed was a good recipe.

Copious amounts of soft dark brown sugar, caster and butter were plunged together, beaten up with a few eggs and added to flour, cinnamon, oats and raisins.  The battery dough was thick, sweet and a bit salty which added that American cookie je ne c'est quoi.  The dough tasted immense. Thick, sticky, salty, oaty, raisiny goodness.  Made me feel good about autumn rolling in with all these spicy warm flavours.


I dolloped the cookies into equal amounts.  They held together well, the mixture slid off the spoon but still bound together nicely.



The recipe called for the cookies to be in the oven for only 12 minutes...mine took about 20.  I have no idea why.  I still ensured a nice soft centre, and slid them onto cooling racks to firm up slightly.


But I may have eaten one before it got to the cooling rack...oopsy.  What can I say, I love you Hummingbird <3




No comments:

Post a Comment