Thursday

Terre a Terre: Brighton

Following my graduation ceremony, my family and I needed to go for lunch. I thought long and hard about where we would all enjoy. I wanted really and truly to go to Fishy Fishy which is a wonderful modern fish restaurant. However my brother is veggie so I decided on what was rumored as a pretty special vegan friendly place in the heart of Brighton. I did not regret this decision!


The menu was exciting and extremely detailed. Here is the description of what I had for my main course:

Terre à Tiffin (v/gf)


Red onion, mustard seed, cumin crumpets with ginger root chilli jam. Channa tamarind dhal, topped with coconut curry leaf and lime sabayon, with a fresh coriander, mint salad, deepfried chickpeas, chili slivers, tangy lime and mumbai mix spice dust dressing. Served with nimbu bhat cardamom brown onion lemon saffron baked basmati rice with our confit brinjal pickle and pokey cucumber and mint raita.

However, you know me. My main was gorgeous but I was saving room for pudding! I made sure ALL my family ordered pudding as I was so torn between what I should order. I took some snaps on my phone of the beautiful creations.

This was my selection:

Nuts About Chocolate Fondant (gf)
Crisp fondant chocolate nut butter brownie with peanut pralineice-cream, nutty caramel fudge and banana crème.


My sister had:

Jammy Dodger, Jelly and Ice Cream (v/gf) 8.00
Fresh raspberry jammy dodger served with strawberry ice cream and basil syrup, raspberry jelly and almond milk vanilla custard.


My brother (coffee lover) went for:

Moorish Mouthful (gfo) 
Honey glazed pistachio and olive oil cake layered with cardamom and caraway infused apricots and oranges, served with velvety chocolate sorbet, a hot honeyed cardamom espresso shot, finished with a peppery cigarillo.


No comments:

Post a Comment