Thursday

Cakey Carrot

Following a surge of blackberry based baking (blackberry pie...blackerry and apple loaf...blackberry and rubard crumble...) due to a heavy laden of fruit in my garden I wanted to make something different that I knew all my family would be a sucker for.  I thought for a while and then realized...easy.  Carrot cake.

I wanted to make something decadent and wholesome so, in case you haven't already realized from my previous posts I turned to my Hummingbird book (one of the best birthday presents I have ever had...it transpires). I made a delicious carrot cake with chopped walnuts and a cream cheese frosting.

It was devoured in a day!  I was really chuffed with how it rose and it was the first three tiered cake I have made and iced.  I was pretty happy with the result.  Although I liked the sponge I want to add raisins next time.



Yet another Hummingbird hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment