Friday

GingeryMen

I admit, this was actually my first attempt at ginger bread men! Which is slightly shocking really as I love the taste of ginger in baking, and love decorating things so seems like the perfect duo.  I possibly ate a bit too much of the dough, as it really was amazing.  It was a brilliant recipe with just the right mix of spicey nice and sweetness.  No surprises that it was actually another Hummingbird recipe. Thanks Humingbird!



After cooling overnight the dough rolled out beautifully.  I did find however than if I over rolled it it became a bit too warm and sticky.  So I tried to work quickly.  The cutters I bought came in two sizes, large and small. The small shape worked much better (pictured above) as the arms were shorter and fatter.  The larger cutters had very skinny arms (pictured below) which meant when sliding the spatula underneath to move them onto the baking tray they became a bit misshapen.


I made the icing first far to wet so it ran everywhere, so added more icing sugar...but then made it a bit too dry.  I decided to work with it anyway.  Here are my favourite ones!  They all disappeared from the biscuit tin very fast, so I must have done something right.  I think there is something wonderfully cosy about gingerbread men, that's -okay a bit childish but also fun and wholesome.  I definitely want to experiment a bit more with different decorations in the future, especially around Christmas time!  Christmas gingerbread men...watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment